Job title: HOSTESS
Work Location: Kuala Lumpur
Reports to: Supervisor
Summary of Function:
Responsible for providing courteous and efficient food and beverage services to the customers. Also to attend and respond to customers’ enquiries promptly and professionally. Other responsibilities include performing general housekeeping and cleaning duties, such as sweeping, mopping, cleaning glasses, furniture & fittings, laying of tables and up-keeping of rest room, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet patrons, and if needed, confirm reservations, take reservations, and track occupancy chart for space
- Answers phone calls and gives basic information on reservations, availability, restaurant hours and services
- Keep track of the waiting list and open tables
- Assign tables to guests depending on party size, waiter/waitress availability
- Accurately quote wait times to patrons
- Assist with other service staff side work and opening and closing duties
- Helping out with other positions in the restaurant as needed
- SPM/ STPM/ Diploma in Hospitality or equivalent with at least 1 year relevant experience in dining and restaurant relating to food handling and safety, and customer service.
- Ability to communicate orally with customers, management and other co-workers is crucial with excellent customer service skills/ sensitive to customers’ needs.
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior.
- Friendly “people-person”; polite and courteous to all customers.