Job title: Commis
Work Location: Kuala Lumpur
Reports to: Supervisor
Summary of Function:
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Sous Chef, the Commis will assist in the preparation and service of all sections in the kitchen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations.
- Inform on a daily basis the Sous Chef on all relevant information on operational and personal matters.
- See to it that all food items for the outlets are prepared on time and meet quality and quantity standards.
- Preparing and measuring ingredients and portion sizes accurately.
- Prepare on daily basis food requisitions as assigned.
- Maintain cleanliness in all assigned areas, including refrigerators and freezers.
- Control cost by minimising spoilage, waste, proper storage and exercising strict portion control.
- Ensure that cost control policies and procedures are followed.
- Attend training sessions if applicable.
- Report any equipment on the section which needs repair or maintenance.
- Ensure freshness and suitability of products used by the kitchen and that they are stored properly.
- Ensure smooth running of the kitchen during the Sous Chef’s absence.
- Perform duties common to position and other duties as maybe assigned.
Report to the Sous Chef.
- Related Culinary Diploma or equivalent is preferred but not necessary.
- At least 1 year relevant experience in the kitchen or under an apprenticeship program.
- Ability to work under pressure for long hours in a heated environment.
- Able to maintain and improve quality, standards and cleanliness of the kitchen.