Job title: SERVICE CREW
Work Location: Kuala Lumpur
Reports to: Supervisor
Summary of Function:
Responsible for providing courteous and efficient food and beverage services to the customers by presenting the menu, take order, suggest and recommend appropriately. Also to attend and respond to customers’ needs promptly and professionally such as presenting bills to customers, collect payment and give to the cashier, return change or credit card to customers. Other responsibilities include performing general housekeeping and cleaning duties, such as sweeping, mopping, cleaning glasses, furniture & fittings, laying of tables and up-keeping of rest room, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greeting customers while offering super customer service attention, taking, assembling and presenting food orders, requesting and receiving payment, operating the cash register.
• Cleaning in accordance to restaurant’s sanitary standards including but not limited to sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning walls, tables, counters, kitchen and service equipment.
• Cleaning the customer service area, removing trash, cleaning restrooms and checking the parking lot.
• Assisting new crew members in learning their new job skills.
• Attend to deliveries such as off-loading trucks, storage and movement of raw product to the work area.
• Checking stock of products and insuring proper stock levels and rotation.
• Checking equipment to ensure that it is in proper working order, letting the maintenance team know if there might be a problem.
• Backing up other crew members in their jobs, assist in any area to ensure that the food is being prepared, packaged and delivered to customer in a timely manner.
• Ensure the timely movement of completed food orders from kitchen to customer table.
Report directly to the Supervisor. Direct activities with all outlet employees.
• SPM/ STPM/ Diploma in Hospitality or equivalent with at least 1 year relevant experience in dining and restaurant relating to food handling and safety, and customer service.
• Ability to communicate orally with customers, management and other co-workers is crucial with excellent customer service skills/ sensitive to customers’ needs.
• Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.